2 large ziplock bags
1 cup flour
Dried spices (divided):
2 tbsp dried tarragon
4 tsp celery salt
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp paprika
2 tbsp black pepper
2 tsp sea salt
1 cup bread crumbs
2 chicken breasts cut into strips
1⁄2 cup milk
2 cups vegetable oil or shortening
Method of Preparation
- Place the flour in one ziplock bag with half the dry spices: 1 tbsp tarragon, 2 tsp celery salt, 1 tbsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tbsp black pepper and 1 tsp sea salt. Shake well.
- Place the bread crumbs in the other ziplock back and repeat with step 1 with dry spices.
- Combine milk and egg in a wide shallow bowl and mix well.
- Dip chicken strips into egg and milk mixture, coating well.
- Place strips into flour mixture and shake well.
- Dip floured strips back into egg mixture.
- Place strips into bread crumb mixture and shake well.
- In a frying pan or deep fryer, heat oil or shortening.
- Gently place breaded chicken strips into the oil. Fry, flipping once, for a maximum of 3 minutes until the strips start to float in oil and are golden brown.
- Remove from oil and place on paper towels or a brown paper bag to absorb excess oil.
Serve with dipping sauce and enjoy.