It’s Time to Plan Your Travel
It’s time to make your plans to travel … and you’ve decided to look into what Costa Rica has to offer. Did you know that Costa Rica is one of the world’s top three vacation designations?
You’re now checking out package deals for airfare and lodging, and the many possibilities for awesome adventures. Are you having luck or getting stuck?
Whether it’s a fall break, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s holiday, or 2023 vacation, Howler has the resources to assist you in your planning.
What makes Costa Rica so amazing is the variety of geographic features and regions you can visit, from beaches, cool mountains and large towns to rural and remote communities. So it does take some research to understand the opportunities.
You start to search online for choices and quickly find a variety of Facebook groups, adventure tour companies, and resorts that are all rolling out the red carpet for you. Information overload may seem to bog you down, but there’s an excellent reward for proper planning.
Here are some basics to keep in mind:
- Which region?
- Which airport? Consider the proximity of your desired destinations to either of Costa Rica’s international airports: Liberia (LIR) or San José (SJO).
- Where to stay: hotel, resort, bed and breakfast or rental home?
- Kid-friendly and pet-friendly options?
- Car rental service?
- National parks to tour?
- Adventures to book? There are so many options for surfing, fishing, sailing, hiking, zip lining and more.
- Best sodas (local authentic food) and other restaurants to visit?
- Groceries, gas stations, spas, stores, and medical clinic locations?
- Do you want the big touristy towns or the small rural settings?
- Do you just want to lay in a hammock and listen to the waves gently crash on the shore?
Whatever your budget and time parameters, you can experience a combination of some of the most relaxing and adventurous experiences.