Entrepreneur Costa Rica: Have a Healthy Relationship with Social Media. We live in the era of digital marketing. Let’s be clear: you are “in” or you are out. Typically, that means you must be on Facebook because if not, you are missing out on too much.
If “too much” seems like an impossible measure, think in terms of access. Nowadays, your business and personal profiles must be easy and fast to view. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and YouTube are just some of the most recognized platforms.
Don’t be afraid to be choosy
about who you follow.
It will save you time.
As most of us have learned in life, too much of any good thing can become less than ideal and start taking a toll. So how can we have a healthy relationship with social media and still have time to enjoy other good things in life … including our non-digital world?
Best for your business
If you want to have a successful business, all the information about it needs to be in as many places as possible. Yet, you need to be selective in choosing which platform will work best, depending on the product or service your business offers, and the target market. Facebook is one of the most commonly used platforms, followed by Instagram. For showing and telling more about your business in a graphic, hands-on way, YouTube is the way to go. I can go on and on, but my focus here is to keep you healthy by helping you make choices that work best for you.
I offer these social media management tips for ensuring your business interactions and relationships are beneficial and rewarding.
1. Schedule time for your social media activities and set a reasonable time limit. It is better to know how many hours per week you can use to create posts, advertisements or any other digital marketing actions. Being in control of your social media time makes it more likely you will have time for other things you need or want to do.
2. Post and promote frequently to maintain a constant social media presence. Make an action plan that keeps your business visible at all times. A consistent publication schedule allows your audience to stay engaged with your company regularly.
3. Know your budget. It is good to invest in social media advertising as much as you spend on printed materials like brochures or newspaper and magazine ads. If you allocate part of your marketing budget to social media promotions, such as on Facebook or Instagram, you will connect with your target audience and keep your business visible. That will help you save money in the future.
4. Keep your camera handy. Photographs are one of the most important business promotion tools for social media. Thanks to technological advances, cameras are more affordable, practical and portable. For a small or medium-sized business, your smartphone camera can likely take good enough photos, if not great ones, and will cost you nothing.
5. Know who to follow. Connecting with your social media followers is important, but that doesn’t mean you need to follow everyone. If an account has relevant information that you can use, it makes sense to follow it. But, if not, don’t waste your time. You need to focus on those who will have time to like and comment on your post MOST of the time. Don’t be afraid to be choosy about who you follow. It will save you time.
6. Use notifications. They are really helpful! If you get a notification from someone who sent you a message, this will help you respond fast. Enabling notifications can help you be more selective and efficient with your time.
Having a healthy personal relationship with social media is what will give you enough time and energy to run your business. I have two simple but important tips.
1. Keep your personal accounts private. This ensures you are aware and in control of everyone who can access information about your personal life.
2. Set a timer. Social media activity can consume huge chunks of time and attention while rendering us oblivious.
Having a social media action plan will help you to manage your time, money and relationships, both in your business and personal life. It can free up time to exercise, prepare healthy meals and even meditate. Remember, being in balance will keep you healthy.
Nutrition Advice / Time Manage / Body & Mind Wellness
If you are looking for a healthier and happier lifestyle,
Joanna Blanco offers tips and ideas to make your goals clear and reachable, and become the best version of yourself.
If you are looking for professional guidance, you can contact me at any time. Howler readers can receive a free consultation.
firstname.lastname@example.org and follow me on Instagram and Facebook