Happy 2022 beginning to all! Beginnings are the perfect time to look ahead and start making our to-do and purpose list. My mission in this article is to show you a way to create a harmonious and balanced plan that helps you be productive and happy in 2022.
Let me share one definition of harmony: the state of being in agreement and concord.
I love the word “agreement” in that definition. Why? Because if we create a plan, we need to agree with every part of it so the development can be successful.
With the word “agreement” in our mind, let me give you a few steps to start a harmonious 2022.
- Let’s create two goal lists
One list is for business/professional goals and the other for personal goals.
In a notebook or planner, or on a piece of paper, write down everything that comes to your mind that you want to accomplish during 2022.
- Choose priorities
Mark, in each list, those goals that you desire to achieve as soon as possible, and/or that are more important.
- Organize your goals by time frame
Now that you have recognized your priorities, you can divide each goal list and set short-term and long-term goals.
NOTE: It is crucial to keep all of the goals you write, even those you think are impossible to achieve due to time or resources. Goals and objectives are actions or things that we would like in our lives or would like to become, so never underestimate their importance. Please keep the original lists forever so that you can check them from time to time and reorganize your priorities.
- 1) Create harmony with your professional and personal life
Let’s take the priority and short-term goals from each of your lists. Analyze the actions and tasks to accomplish each of the goals.
- Give each task and action a day and time. Here is one example:
Professional goal: Start writing a promotional post for posting at noon and 4 pm.
Task: Write four posts in advance Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday 8:30 to 9 am. The result is a total of 12 posts per week.
Personal goal: Start fitness training.
Task: Wake up Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday at 5:30 a.m. to go to the gym from 5:45 a.m. to 6:30 a.m.
- Place tasks in your schedule by the day(s) and time(s), so you organize them carefully.
2) Keep the balance between your personal and professional tasks:
Balance is the key!!!
Remember that you need to stay healthy to be productive and efficient. You need to check that you have the time for the basics:
- Sleep: Seven to eight hours. Try to sleep straight through.
- Eat: Balance your intake of vegetables, fruits, protein, and carbs. Eat at least three times per day, + one snack.
- Hydrate: Drink water — a minimum of eight glasses per day, more if you work-out.
- Move your body: If you work in an office, take 10 minutes per hour to move any way possible — walk to fill your water bottle, use the stairs, work standing, etc.
- Make time to relax: If you experience stressful situations, take a few deep breaths. Read about something interesting (no social media). Walk in nature, in a park or on a beach. Meditate.
You agree to coordinate your basic healthy personal tasks with your professional tasks to create harmony. Keeping this in mind, you will create a good plan to maintain your well-being and productivity.
I wish you a healthy and prosperous 2022!
See this article in the magazine