Defend Against Disease- MAR 16, 2020
Your Lead Paragrpah goes here
Defend Against Disease
In the midst of worldwide fears about #coronavirus, take time to improve your immune system. This is always an important defense against disease.
Having healthy lifestyle habits is essential to decrease the risk of disease. Specialists and nutritionists recommend consuming foods that help strengthen the immune system. By themselves, these foods do not create immunity to # covid19, but the beneficial effects on your body and its defenses create a barrier that can prevent contact or minimize its effects.
How to strengthen your immune system
These foods are recommended to help us strengthen our defenses against illness:
- Oranges and other citrus fruits: High in vitamin C
- Red pepper: One of the richest vegetables for vitamin C content, with double the amount contained in citrus fruits
- Peanuts and almonds: High in vitamin E, an immune booster
- Tuna and pumpkin seeds: High in omega 3
- Rice: High in minerals and vitamin D
- Spinach and broccoli: High in vitamin C, antioxidants and beta-carotenes that increase your ability to heal from infections
- Sunflower seeds and Brazil nuts: High in selenium and zinc
- Natural / Greek Yogurt and Kombucha beverages: High in probiotics
- Carrots: High in vitamin A, potassium and phosphorus
- Oatmeal: Contains proteins and complex B vitamins
- Nuts and dried fruits: High in zinc
According to nutritionists and health specialists, these foods, among others, contain antioxidants and beta-carotene, promoting the production of defensive cells more efficiently. In addition to drinking at least two liters of water a day, consuming these foods stimulates the immune system by expelling toxins.
That is why at this time it is very important to maintain common sense, have a healthy and balanced diet, good hydration, practice physical exercise regularly, sleep, rest and lead a healthy lifestyle! Be safe and healthy.
Valerie Gonzalez, Almacen Orgánico y Natural, Playa Tamarindo