NAVIGATION

Community

Community Feature – Watchful Eyes in Wonderland

Community Feature – Watchful Eyes in Wonderland

Spanish – Step up your Game

Spanish – Step up your Game

On the road to any major change, lulls are inevitable … the excitement of just beginning has waned, along with your sense of progress. Language learning is no exception. It

August Odysseys – Wake up, take a piss, and jump in the water!

August Odysseys – Wake up, take a piss, and jump in the water!

Living on the beach in Southern California as a little kid, I would paddle out to surf just about every day from the age of 5 or 6. I had my half-shaped piece of wood to surf

Locos Dos –  A Trip to Germany, Gays vs. Trains

Locos Dos – A Trip to Germany, Gays vs. Trains

My wife, Susan — sometimes but very rarely referred to as Mrs. Jesse Bishop Gay III — and I recently visited Germany. It was a whirlwind 16-day tour of Munich, Baden-Baden

LegalEase – Applying for Costa Rica Residency

LegalEase – Applying for Costa Rica Residency

The application process for Costa Rica residency can seem daunting, even if you have a general sense of what’s expected. Specific questions are likely to arise at various st

Insurance Nuggets – Marchamo – Ouch! What is this?

Insurance Nuggets – Marchamo – Ouch! What is this?

As many are aware, all vehicle owners in Costa Rica are legally required to purchase a minimum level of liability insurance, billed annually as part of their marchamo registra

Building CR – Know Before You Buy, The Importance of a Home Inspection

Building CR – Know Before You Buy, The Importance of a Home Inspection

Congratulations! You have decided to buy a home in Costa Rica. You have narrowed the choices or even decided which home you want to buy. Be careful, though — you are well ad

CR History in Photos – Quepos: A Brief History

CR History in Photos – Quepos: A Brief History

August Odysseys – the “Endless Summer” trip still resonates

August Odysseys – the “Endless Summer” trip still resonates

Locos Dos: Surviving CR – DRUGS!

Locos Dos: Surviving CR – DRUGS!

My band at the time, Sackweed, pulled into Austin, Texas, on Jan. 10, 1974, to a beautiful spring-like day that boded well for the future. The previous night, we had left behi